VP, Senior Director Marketing
vFunction is seeking a Senior Director/VP Marketing to lead its demand generation and marketing growth initiatives. As a well-funded Series A startup, vFunction has established itself as the leader in Cloud Native Application Modernization, helping large enterprises modernize and migrate their legacy Java applications to cloud architectures. This is a great opportunity to work directly with the leadership team, build a demand gen engine from scratch, and impact business success. Led by a serial and experienced executive management team, vFunction is looking for a high-energy, results-oriented, and creative marketing leader to build a marketing engine and a team to drive it. Role can be Austin-based, Bay area, or remote.
- Lead all areas of demand generation and digital marketing to drive growth, awareness, and brand development
- Maximize business impact, establish market leadership, and drive measurable results using modern digital marketing technologies, techniques, and channels that maximize impact, establish market leadership, and drive measurable results
- Establish strategic marketing initiatives for account-based, enterprise-focused outreach and engagement
- Build and expand database and email marketing, inbound lead generation, website, landing pages, and content-led SEO and SEM
- Manage event strategy, budget, and execution, including webinars, conferences, meetups, workshops, etc.
- Excellent story-telling skills with the ability to craft a compelling narrative to the marketplace, to reinforce and tune messaging, and represent it to the vFunction ecosystem of prospects, partners, and developers
- Develop, execute, track, measure, and report on effectiveness of strategic marketing campaigns, including email, social, advertising, and more
- Build, recruit, and develop marketing team talent, skills, and culture
- Manage PR firm and PR strategy and execution, advising on content and messaging direction
- Actively measure, manage, optimize and communicate the performance of campaigns.
- Manage budget and drive month-over-month and year-over-year lead and conversion growth
- Lead expansion of marketing automation platforms and leverage data from HubSpot, Google Analytics, and additional tooling to uncover trends, growth or improvement opportunities
- Work cross-functionally with Sales, DevRel, Product Management, and executive leadership to advance creative solutions for market expansion, customer acquisition, and business growth
Skills & Background
- 7-10 years of relevant demand generation, content, and account-based marketing experience in enterprise marketing
- Proven team leadership, coaching, mentorship, and management skills, as well as strong project management experience,
- Excellent writing and editing skills, comfortable with communicating both a strategic business message to CTOs, Chief Architects, and VP’s, as well as a technical, developer-centric message to application owners
- Experience marketing to a technical audience including senior technical decision makers and technical practitioners
- Creativity and curiosity to find new solutions to unanswered questions, in combination with detail-oriented, project management skills to drive results
- Strong familiarity with the use of HubSpot and marketing automation tools to gather insights, track progress, and translate information into action.
- Ability to have a big picture view while still operating in an early stage, hands-on environment.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to multiplex multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, results-driven personality.
- Ability to adapt quickly to a changing environment
- Relevant travel for events once in-person conferences resume
MBA, Engineering or Computer Science Degree, or equivalent. 7+ years of relevant industry experience.
Please contact Bob Quillin with questions or to apply.