Field CTO, Chief Evangelist
vFunction is looking for an experienced Field Chief Technology Officer (CTO), Chief Evangelist to join our team. You will play a high impact role in working with the developer community, providing thought leadership, supporting strategic customer and partner engagements, and working closely with the product team in advocating for the developer ecosystem. You will recruit and lead a team of developer advocates and have the opportunity to build this function inside vFunction.
The Field CTO will share their thought-leadership and deep industry knowledge with developers, architects, senior engineering leaders, and prospects at industry conferences, meetups, user groups, and partner events. The role starts with dynamic and engaging technical communications and presentation skills; verbal, written and visual, plus the ability to engage and relate to a broad audience, from internal application development and DevOps teams to C-level and manager functions. As face-to-face meetings and live conferences return, appropriate travel will be required.
- Strong skills for engagement and influence with a broad audience including C-level, DevOps, architects, and software development teams
- Collaboration skills for feedback to and cooperation with internal engineering
- Experience in a developer-facing, outbound-facing role; ability to explain strategic and tactical concepts for teams modernizing applications in digital and cloud migration journeys
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal); ability to communicate both legacy Java application modernization concepts and cloud native microservice benefits to technical and nontechnical audiences
- Skills to act as a subject matter expert and trusted advisor to existing and potential customers and partners
- Understanding of Java and Java Enterprise and Spring applications and application architectures and existing approaches and methodologies for modernization to microservices (e.g., Domain Driven Design, Event Storming, Strangler Pattern, etc.)
- Practical experience as a Developer Advocate or Cloud Solutions Architect, Senior DevOps or Architect or Pre-Sales/Customer Success Engineering Manager/Lead
- Ability to have conversations with executives and then credibly map that to a very technical conversation around solutions and features for technical audiences
- Demonstrated thought leadership and experience creating technical content.
- Track record as a conference, meetup speaker
- Ability to write, produce, and deliver technical content: blogs, podcasts, videos, webinars, eBooks that influence, share and drive conversations via digital marketing and social media
Engineering or Computer Science Bachelor’s Degree or 10+ years of relevant industry experience. Masters or PhD is a plus.
Please contact Bob Quillin with questions or to apply.