Modernization Solution Engineer/Architect
We’re looking for a Solution Engineer/Architect to join our team, to work with our customers, understand their applications, help them strategize their modernization approach, and help them achieve their goals with our unique cloud-native modernization platform.
Our Solution Engineer/ Architect will become an expert in using the vFunction platform to modernize Java applications. Our platform combines dynamic analysis, static analysis, data science and automation to extract any service from a customer’s monolith into a compilable, working microservice. It can then containerize it and deploy it onto modern infrastructure (Kubernetes, OpenShift, etc.).
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a challenging, fast-paced environment in a high-performance team, on the most interesting projects in the realm of cloud adoption, together with an experienced (2nd-time entrepreneurs), top-notch team.
- Executing and delivering onsite/ remote technical tasks with customers (solution installation and analysis of applications)
- Building high-quality technological solutions and architectures for customers
- Providing technical assistance to support the development teams
- Acquiring a working knowledge of new technologies and third-party applications to improve customer solutions
- Writing design, sizing, and operation documentation
- At least 5 years of experience as a Professional Services Engineer/ Solution Engineer/ similar customer-facing role
- At least 3 years of software development in JAVA (Spring or JEE experience is an advantage)
- Ability to handle complex technical environments and troubleshooting
- Experience working in Linux environments
- Working knowledge with application servers (e.g. Apache Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphere, etc.) – an advantage
- Experience with Cloud-Native Architecture – an advantage
- Experience with containers and Kubernetes – an advantage
- Ability to write technical documents
- Willingness to travel 10%-20%
Please contact us with questions or to apply.