Modernization Solution Engineer/Architect
Per Gartner, by 2026 80% of Technical Debt will be Architectural Technical Debt and the only way to address it is with tools that are able to measure, identify, and fix it on an ongoing basis.
vFunction is pioneering the architectural observability market.
Architecture Observability enables architects to see and understand the internal software architecture of Java and dotnet applications.
Observing software architecture enables architects to create an incremental plan to modernize applications, to protect against architectural drift and accumulated complexity all the way to fully transforming monoliths into microservices.
Most importantly, vFunction’s platform enables Enterprise Architects to fully own the level of technical debt in their applications and to present the business owners with the entire posture of the application portfolio.
vFunction customers include the largest banks in the world, automobile companies, software companies, and more (Trend Micro Case Study).
We are well funded, investors include Engineering Capital, Zeev Ventures, HPE, WIPRO, Khosla, Shasta Ventures, Citi, and more.
We are a remote-first company, HQed in Palo Alto with distributed team around the USA, UK, and Israel.
We’re looking for a Solution Engineer/Architect to join our team, to work with our customers, and our engineering team, understand customers’ applications, help them strategize their modernization approach, and help them achieve their goals with our unique Architectural Observability and Modernization platform.
Our Solution Engineers/ Architects become experts in using the vFunction platform to analyze and modernize .Net and Java applications. Our platform combines dynamic analysis, static analysis, data science and automation to analyze and observe architectural drift and modernize customer’s applications by providing insights that enable continuous modernization of the application and occasionally decomposing it into compilable, working microservices.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a challenging, fast-paced environment in a high-performance team, on the most interesting projects in the realm of cloud adoption, together with an experienced (2nd-time entrepreneurs), top-notch team.
- Engage with Customer Architects and Developers, as well as Business Leaders, bringing software design and development expertise to the table. Understand their software architecture, and corresponding problems and guide them on architectural remediation using vFunction.
- Train customers on the vFunction platform. Deliver and update corresponding training materials.
- Assist the vFunction Go-to-Market team with deep technical demonstrations
- Liaise with the vFunction Engineering team on feature requests from customers, bug fixes, and other technical tasks.
- Write design and operation documentation
- Keep up with the latest technology stacks.
- At least 2 years of experience as a Professional Services Engineer/ Solution Engineer/ similar customer-facing role
- At least 7 years of software development in .Net or JAVA (Spring or JEE experience is an advantage)
- Experience in analyzing applications architecture, experience in Domain Driven Design. Modernization experience is an advantage.
- Ability to handle complex technical environments and troubleshooting
- Experience working in Linux environments
- Working knowledge with application servers (e.g. Apache Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphere, etc.) – an advantage
- Experience with Cloud-Native Architecture and modern Java runtimes (e.g. Quarkus) – an advantage
- Experience with containers and Kubernetes – an advantage
- Ability to train customers and write technical documents
- Willingness to travel 10%-20%
- US Citizen (required for Federal customers)
- East Coast-based
Please contact us with questions or to apply.