vFunction is the first and only platform for developers and architects that intelligently and automatically transforms complex monolithic Java applications into microservices, restoring engineering velocity and optimizing the benefits of the cloud. Designed to eliminate the time, risk and cost constraints of manually modernizing business applications, vFunction delivers a scalable, repeatable factory model purpose-built for cloud native modernization. With vFunction, leading companies around the world are accelerating the journey to cloud-native architecture and gaining a competitive edge. vFunction is headquartered in Palo Alto, CA, with offices in Israel.
Moti Rafalin co-founded vFunction and serves as its CEO. He brings over 20 years of experience in the enterprise software market to his role, with a focus on infrastructure, applications, and security. Prior to co-founding vFunction, Moti co-founded and led WatchDox from inception until its acquisition by BlackBerry, growing the company over 20 consecutive quarters and establishing it as a leader in the secure enterprise mobility and collaboration space. Subsequently he served as Senior Vice President at BlackBerry LTD.
Prior to co-founding WatchDox, he served as the General Manager of the Application Management Business at EMC. Moti served in the Israel Air Force where he led teams of engineers, technicians and operational officers through cutting edge technological projects. He is a graduate of the Technion, Israel Institute of Technology, and holds an MBA from the Harvard Business School.
Amir Rapson co-founded vFunction and serves as its CTO, where he leads its technology, product and engineering. Prior to founding vFunction in 2017, Amir was a GM and the VP R&D of WatchDox until its acquisition by Blackberry, where Amir served as a VP of R&D. Prior to WatchDox, Amir held R&D positions at CTERA Networks and at SofaWare (Acquired by Check Point). Amir has an MBA from the IDC Herzlia, and a BSc in Physics from Tel-Aviv University.
Ori Saporta co-founded vFunction and serves as its System Architect. Prior to founding vFunction, Ori was the lead Systems Architect of WatchDox until its acquisition by Blackberry, where he continued to serve in the role of Distinguished Systems Architect. Prior to that, Ori was a Systems Architect at Israeli’s Intelligence Core Technology Unit (8200). Ori has a BSc in Computer Engineering from Tel-Aviv University and is currently pursuing an MSc in Computer Science from the same institute.
Chief Ecosystem Officer
Bob Quillin is the Chief Ecosystem Officer for vFunction, responsible for developer advocacy, marketing, and cloud ecosystem engagement. Bob was previously Vice President of Developer Relations for Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI). Bob joined Oracle as part of the StackEngine acquisition by Oracle in December 2015, where he was co-founder and CEO. StackEngine was an early cloud native pioneer with a platform for developers and devops teams to build, orchestrate, and scale enterprise-grade container apps. Bob is a serial entrepreneur and was previously CEO of Austin-based cloud monitoring SaaS startup CopperEgg (acquired by IDERA in 2013) and held executive and startup leadership roles at Hyper9, nLayers, EMC, and VMware.
vFunction is proud to partner with a wide range of technology leaders to advance Java app modernization. Interested in joining us? Email us today at email@example.com with information about your organization and we’ll get in touch.
Careers with vFunction
Enterprise Account Executive, Financial Services
NYC, New York
Why you’ll love vFunction
81% of enterprise application workloads are not cloud-native. There are 21 billion(!!) Java Virtual Machines (JVMs) in the world, predominantly monolithic -these are the core mission critical applications that organizations rely on to run their business. True modernization, the kind that actually yields substantial ROI, requires breaking those monolithic apps into microservices. vFunction is a first of its kind, cloud-native modernization platform that uses dynamic analysis, static analysis, data science, and automation to enable organizations to transform 100s of Java monolithic applications a year into microservices.
If you seek to bring new, disruptive ideas to the enterprise software market, it’s time for your next big challenge. We are looking for an Enterprise Account Executive to grow our Enterprise Sales team and help us drive the market. Do you want to be a trailblazer that disrupts a trillion-dollar market? Take a look at vFunction! If you have a passion for deep technology sales and an interest in how it can impact businesses, we want to talk with you.
What You’ll Do
vFunction is looking for an enterprise sales Rockstar who strives to push boundaries and expand their career each and every day. Well-funded and evolving at a rapid pace, vFunction is looking to dominate the blue ocean of Application Modernization; we are seeking experienced A-players with a thirst for action and an appetite for massive earnings. This role requires that you establish trust and credibility with end-users & partners by conducting sales discovery and product demo’s mainly via Zoom to:
- Articulate and manage vFunction complex sales cycles, presenting the value of our full product suite to decision-makers.
- Develop and manage relationships within enterprise organizations, presenting to C-level executives the value of our modernization factory studio.
- Forecast sales activity and revenue achievement in our CRM system, while creating satisfied customers.
- A proven track record in enterprise software sales selling a disruptive technology – smashing your field sales quota, quarter on quarter.
- Extensive experience in selling to financial services in the NYC area.
- Senior selling experience to C level and senior technology leaders, mainly CTOs, Chief Architects, or Application owners.
- Readiness to think differently, learn, and embrace new methodologies.
- An understanding working to MEDDICC.
- Generating pipeline to break into new tier 1 logos.
- Experience in running complex sales campaigns from cradle to grave.
- Track record establishing pain and need within customers to find budget for the solutions you’ve sold.
- A drive to find solutions to problems and how to solve business pains.
- A natural champion, builder, and will go the extra mile to add real value.
- An entrepreneur – you run your patch like a business and know that owning your own pipeline generation is fundamental to your success.
- No cutting corners, even with SFDC hygiene.
- A technical college degree (CS, EE) or equivalent experience.
- Technical background, with a basic understanding of Java applications.
- Experience in consultative, enterprise solutions, selling application modernization projects or cloud migration software.
Contact us @ jobs@vFunction.com