App for Slack Installation
The vFunction app for Slack aims to improve your team’s productivity by seamlessly integrating vFunction’s features into your Slack workspace. This integration allows your team to receive specially designed notifications to stay informed and up-to-date. To begin using the app, follow these installation instructions.
Our support team is here to ensure your experience with the vFunction app for Slack is smooth. This guide outlines the resources available to assist you with any issues, questions, or concerns you may have when using the app.
For support send your inquiry to your customer support representative, or to email@example.com. To help us address your concern more efficiently, Please send us also your vFunction broker key for Slack found under My Team > Configure Apps (you can use the copy icon in order to copy it):
How to Use
Step 1: Pre-requisites
Before you proceed with the installation, ensure that you have the following:
- Access to a Slack workspace where you have the appropriate permissions to install apps (you must be an admin or owner).
- An active vFunction account. If you don’t have one, request a demo at vFunction.com/request-demo/
Step 2: Enable Slack on vFunction (skip if installed)
- Navigate to the vFunction app My Team > Configure Apps.
- Turn on the Slack switch button to enable Slack on vFunction organization.
- Use the copy icon in order to copy your vFunction broker key for Slack. Contact your vFunction customer support and provide them with that information.
Step 3: Enable Slack on Individual Account
- Navigate to My Account and click the “Add to Slack” button. You will be redirected to the Slack authorization page.
- Choose the workspace where you want to install the vFunction app for Slack.
- Click ‘Allow’ to grant the necessary permissions. The vFunction app for Slack will now be installed in your selected workspace.
- You’ll be redirected to your vFunction platform and will be asked to login with your vFunction credentials.
- Once the connection is successful, you will receive a confirmation message from the vFunction bot for Slack.
Step 4: Start Using vFunction App for Slack
You’re all set! The vFunction app for Slack is now installed and ready to use. Don’t forget to configure notifications on the Observation page.
For additional assistance or information, visit the vFunction support page at vFunction.com/contact.
Disconnect the App for Slack
Disconnect App for Slack from Organization
Turn off the Slack switch button to disable Slack on vFunction organization:
Stop getting notifications
Navigate to My Account under Slack Account and turn off the switch button – Receive Slack Notifications
Connect to another Slack Workspace
Navigate to My Account under Slack Account and click on Add to Slack
Configuring vFunction notifications for Slack
- Install the vFunction App on Slack:
To begin, install the vFunction app on your Slack workspace. This will enable you and your team to receive notifications from vFunction.
- Enable Slack Notifications:
To receive Slack notifications, navigate to “My Account” and toggle on the “Receive Slack Notifications” option.
This will ensure you are alerted when specific criteria are met.
- Configure Architectural Observability Notifications:
To get architectural observability notifications, make sure the vFunction app is listed under the “Observation” section.
Additionally, confirm that you have configured alerts, as well as configured a plan and added a schedule for learning. This will help your team stay up-to-date with the latest changes in the application.