“Application Modernization” has suddenly become a top priority for executive teams in large enterprises.
In the last 2 years, CIOs have begun to rethink the concept of “application modernization”, making it Top 3 priority (after Security and Performance), according to this CIO.com survey.
So what the heck happened?
By most reports, it turns out that the enterprise systems we built decades ago–those often called “legacy” systems–still process 80% of the world’s business transactions.
So believe it or not, where we were decades ago still has an outsized impact on where we are today. And that’s what we talk about on Refactor This (sponsored by vFunction).
In these casual, friendly conversations about the past and present of application modernization, our expert guests share stories, offer advice, and give inspiration to architects and developers engaged in modernization initiatives. We talk bluntly about the cloud, migration vs modernization, trends, tools, best practices, patterns and paradigms. Questions include:
- So what does application modernization actually mean?
- What are the differences between migration to the cloud and modernization or refactoring?
- How do developers, architects, and executives take the right steps in order to avoid failures?
- What career advice do you have for both junior and senior developers and architects in today’s IT ecosystem?
- …plus lightning round questions about movies, books, food, AI, and cloning the T-Rex.
As we say on the Refactor This homepage:
“Refactor This brings the challenging world of application modernization into the spotlight through friendly conversations with industry luminaries. Join some of the brightest minds in the software world as we dissect macro-trends and emerging technologies, and share ideas for boosting team morale and advancing your career.”
So what are you waiting for? Give us a listen, and recommend it if you have a good time.