Konveyor Virtual Meetup: Why App Modernization Projects Fail
Red Hat | vFunction
In this meetup, vFunction’s Chief Ecosystem Officer Bob Quillin goes over results from the 2022 Research Report “Why App Modernization Projects Fail” such as:
- The % of respondents who are planning to or have already started their app modernization projects
- The % of architecture leaders who admit having a failed modernization project
- The cost and length of an average modernization project
- The key differences between executives and architects
- Insights on the biggest obstacles to modernization, including cost, risk, complexity, and organizational pushback
Red Hat Senior Architect Markus Nagel talks through how these findings compare to what he experiences with his customers.
Other Recommended Resources
The Best Java Monolith Migration Tools
As organizations scale to meet the growing tsunami of data and the sudden rise of unexpected business challenges, companies are struggling to manage and maintain the applications that run their business. When unprepared, exponential data growth can tax a company’s legacy monolith Java systems and their IT departments.
Intesa Sanpaolo Case Study (pdf)
In this case study we will describe the challenges, how Intesa Sanpaolo decided to convert one of its main business-critical applications from a monolithic application to microservices, and how a platform called vFunction helped to turn this challenge into a success.
The vFunction Return on Investment (ROI) calculator determines the key benefits – based on actual customer metrics – achieved by using the vFunction cloud native modernization platform including:
- Time to Market Acceleration
- Total Cost Saving
- Total Time Savings